Ransomware is one of the most common types of malware which is used nowadays. Wherein 10,000 of daily organizations are becoming a victim of a ransomware attack. in this post, we are going to know what is a ransomware attack?
Some of the hackers do it purposefully for the sake of ransom, whereas some hackers do it to hide their traces of illegal activity.
Even the big companies like Sopra Steria, cognizant, Travelex have faced ransomware attacks.
Ransomware is a form of malware that encrypts a victim’s file or folders. The attacker then demands a ransom from the victim to decrypt the file. Usually, the ransomware attack has a file attached with it having some instructions about the decryption or amount of ransom. But some of the attached files have the capacity to replicate more in the network and infrastructure.
How can a Ransomware attack perform?
The ransomware attack can be performed by phishing link attached in an email, or if any infected file is downloaded unknowingly from a phishing site or infected site.
Different types of Ransomware.
How to Stay Safe from Ransomware attacks?
Staying safe from all of the attacks should be our topmost priority. There are a number of defensive techniques which one can use to stay safe from cyber threats.
Here are some tips ….
- Always keep your operating system, software’s and hardware up-to-date.
- Arrange a training program on cybersecurity for your employees.
- Do not visit any unknown or unsafe site.
- Install Antivirus software on every node.
- Keep a backup of all files.
- Never ever click on any malicious links.
- Do not open a suspicious email attachment
- Always look for genuine emails, do not trust any other emails having attachments.
Tell us guys how it was what is a ransomware attack? and show your love for this blog by sharing and aware everyone to help them and know them about what is a ransomware attack